Timestamp has been able to import your time entries for a long time now, so it was time to give expenses the same love with expense import from FreeAgent.
With the new-found ability to import expenses from FreeAgent (other add-ons coming soon) Timestamp is able to provide complete project analysis and tracking using your existing data. Why change from FreeAgent if you do not need to?
###What else has changed?
We have also given the expenses page a lick of paint and made it better mirror timesheets.
- Account managers can now choose a team member and see their expenses without leaving the expenses page to jump to the detailed report.
- The total has been made prominent as well by pushing it to the top of the screen as we do for timesheets.
###What’s up next for expenses?
At the moment all of your expenses are shown in a paged list with no date filtering possible. Date filtering will be added to match that of timesheets, being able to see filter to recent expenses or delve in to a particular month.
Tracking mileage happens in exactly the same way as normal expenses at the moment, but this can lead to a lot of hunting for the correct expense category. For such a common expense we feel this wastes time a little bit too much. We will be looking at rectifying this.
###Everything else we’ve been working on
Expenses is not the only area of Timestamp to get some love. We have also:
- Released a new Basecamp integration (stay tuned to hear more about this in the next week!)
- Updated our marketing site to give a better flavour of what Timestamp is all about
- Tidied up the users area by removing the ‘Invited’ users tab. These user’s would easily get lost when first added leading to a confusing experience
- Provided totals of your paid, due and overdue invoices for a quick glance at exactly where you are with invoices
- Lots of other bug fixes, small tweaks and performance improvements